My name is Stephen McMurray. I’m a Clinical Hypnotherapist and Certified Practitioner of NLP. I’m based in Edinburgh, Scotland. My initial training in Hypnotherapy & Neuro Linguistic Programming was at Perth Royal Infirmary and I qualified in 2007. My background is in Social Research, where I explored issues that can overcome barriers.
I have a particular interest in the use of hypnotherapy for pain management and hypnohealing and have undertaken specialist training in the use of hypnotherapy for cancer patients through the Oxford School of Hypnosis and quantum pain therapy with the British Academy of Hypnosis.
I have the following qualifications:
- BSc Psychology and Graduate Member of the British Psychological Society
- Member of the National Register of Advanced Hypnotherapists
- Certified Licensed NLP Practitioner and Associate Member of the ANLP
- BA Commerce
- MSc Social Research
I’m committed to continual professional development and have completed the following training:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Counselling Skills
- Personal Coaching
- Positive Psychology
- Stress Management
- Virtual Gastric Band
I have also attended workshops and talks by the leading thinkers in the personal development world, including:
- Dr Richard Bandler – Co-founder of NLP
- Paul McKenna – Europe’s leading Hypnotherapist
- Prof Richard Wiseman – Bestselling author
- Prof Susan Greenfield – Leading Neuroscientist
- Dr David Hamilton – Leading Hay House author
- Dr Daniel Nettle – Behavioural Scientist and author
- Andrew Newton – International Hypnotherapist
- Dawn Breslin – Author and speaker
- Dr Julian Baggini – Philosopher and author
- Oliver Burkeman – Journalist and author
- Oliver James – Psychologist and author
- Sandy Newbigging – Author and creator of Calmology
- Dr Rangan Chatterjee – GP and author
- Dr Peter Naish – Senior lecturer in Psychology
- Dalai Lama – Spiritual leader
I have been featured in the Edinburgh Reporter, My Weekly, Pain Matters magazine and the Ragged University blog.
Stephen is a graduate member of the British Psychological Society, a member of the British National Register of Advanced Hypnotherapists and associate member of the Association of Neuro Linguistic Programming.